This is one of my favourite go-to recipes! It’s super quick & easy to make (helpful, since I HATE cooking!), needs only a handful of ingredients you likely already have on hand, and best of all, it’s HEALTHY! I make this on a Sunday night & it usually lasts me about 4 days. Enjoy!
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup water
3 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 red pepper, chopped into small pieces
small can of pineapple, drained (optional)
1. In a bowl, season chicken with dash of salt & pepper and toss with oil.
2. In another bowl, combine applesauce, water, honey & salt.
3. Sear chicken until lightly browned.
4. Add applesauce mixture to skillet & bring to a boil.
5. Stir in red pepper (and pineapple, if using).
6. Turn down heat & simmer approx. 15 mins, stirring frequently. Sauce will thicken. Serve over brown rice.